Wednesday, June 20, 2012

kevin cyr's vans

I've probably only shared this with a few people, but I have a serious love for big, boxy, dilapidated vans. Whenever I see one, I think to myself about how I would love to drive one. It makes no sense, but I'd love to travel the country in one, sleeping on a mattress in the back and laying on the top to stargaze.

So Kevin Cyr's derelict vans really appeal to me. I love how they are taken out of their environment and displayed almost as a portrait. Each solitary van is given an importance that is usually reserved for unused or restored vehicles in pristine condition. These colorful oil paintings capture the worst of the worst and for me that means the best. I can almost hear them rumble to life.

wythe

richardson

stanhope

humbolt

No comments:

Post a Comment